As promised this is my second review of Black Panther, I won’t waste your time. If you haven’t watched Black Panther and want a swift spoiler free review click here. This is the spoiler review and analysis, I plan to dig deeper than most of my other posts because this movie is more important than most. This post is long and if you’re too ADD to handle it I suggest you leave now and go back to checking your Snapchat for that phantom reply you’ve been waiting for.
Over time a movie comes along that defines a generation or the time it is in. A few years ago that movie was Avatar. The type of movie everyone had to watch for the cinematic masterpiece and the 3D prowess it displayed. Black Panther is that movie for may reasons but the largest being: it is for us, by us. The “us” is black people and more specifically Africans. Rarely do we see a movie that focuses on the best of us rather than a feature about war (Hotel Rwanda, Last King of Scotland, Blood Diamond) and poverty (any and every African movie). When we Africans know the truth, our continent is like any other, full of happiness, joy, peace, war struggle and poverty. This is why Black Panther is excellent, on representation alone it is great sprinkle in a great plot and amazing action scenes…famz how could i give it a bad review? Now to the pure review:
- Strong plot points
- Sometimes great visuals – some issues with CGI
- Interesting characters – especially female characters *OKOYE IS A BADASS*
- Amazing story development
- THERES A TOKEN WHITE GUY…ya dawg that’s not a typo Token Whites a ting now !
- A nuanced approach to subjects of African Diaspora, Colonialism, Refugees and African minerals
- Strong female representation
- Great analogy with the Lion King story
To be clear, black, white, Asian, man, woman and child should all go watch this movie. support black movies at all times! The thing to look out for is Erik Killmonger (Michael B Jordan’s character) how left me conflicted the entire movie, why? Because you understand where he comes from and why he is way he is. I haven’t felt this way about a movie since the first Blade came out, this movie is important for today, tomorrow and forever. I plan to have a more detailed review in the future (with spoilers) but for now this movie is…..
4.8/5 ! start to bottom a great time and a critical movie for our time and age!
As much as I’d like to say “I’m always right” I can’t, because I’m not. When I posted the #MeToo post I received quick hate, I expected it. What I didn’t expect is the views of some of my friends, calling me out for being closed minded and dumb. Here’s the curse of having smart friends, they’ll take time to academically COOK your ass, here is my friend’s response to my original post. I loved it and I know you will too 🙂
Lets get real, you’re not into football, you barely watch but you’re lost. But Thank GOD my blog exists and I’ll break down all you need to know for todays big game. First foremost I hate HATE the patriots for many reasons but the root of it is jealousy. If only my headass Ravens could play football…smfh. This is not objective at all, Patriots fans can disperse and go back to Hades. So let’s go Eagles we doin this for MEEK! Now lets start with the breakdown.
Philadelphia Eagles (National Football Conference)
- Best team in the NFC #1 seed with a 13-3 record
- Second year head coach Doug Pederson’s first SB appearance
- One of the best defenses in the league
- The “Underdogs”
- douche fans, terrible city, im tryna visit it and get a cheese steak
DUDES TO WATCH OUT FOR
- FLETCHER COX (91) – Besides having the funniest last name. Mr. Cox will plug up any gap (LMFAO plz read that again). His calf is injured the scumbag Pats will cut block him. *he might not play…Injury Reserve*
- MALCOLM JENKINS (27) – If Co
cksx can put pressure on the LINE, Brady (12) is a human so he will make mistakes. Jenkins will take that to the house. Pick-6.
- CHRIS LONG (56) – Won with the Pats last year, prob does coke and will fight someone. Expect a strip sack, he is the spirit of the team
- JASON PETERS (71) – Pro Bowler, he’s 6’4 and 328 pounds…ya try passing that dude….
- JASON KELCE- (62) One of the best Centers in the league Pro Bowler. He will protect #9 , related to our favorite white boy TE
- NICK “how tf did I get here?” Foles (9) – if he throws 2 INT (interceptions) or more, Eagles lose
- Will Smith – his face and IG after the Eagles win (hopefully)
- Doug Peterson – his calm and resolve when the Pats make a comeback…
- Carson Wentz – “you da real MVP” – Kevin Durant
*bonus: check how Zack Ertz (86) is defended. If homie gets freed up he will CRUSH
New England Patriots (American Football Conference)
- C’mon dawg….even your mom knows they’re great. Do I need to kiss their ass anymore?
DUDES TO WATCH OUT FOR
- Tom Brady (12) – The best Quarterback of all time. He will not be the reason they lose. He will make a comeback in the fourth quarter. Might throw one INT. But he will be flawless…as…always… *stabs myself*
- Rex Burkhead (34) He is their best running back. He will do work. Catching a lot of balls
- Dion Lewis (33) He will decide the game. If he plays trash…especially in the 4th quarter, they lose the game.
- Chris Hogan (15) they didn’t use him much, Dude can catch everything (not STDs doe). Fast fast boi. He catches 11 balls for 100+ yards
- TheBandwagons – watch…they’re everywhere, they are herpes
Match up to watch: Gronkowski (87) vs Malcolm Jenkins (27)
It doesn’t matter what I predict. Patriots have already won. They symbolize perfection, they are in an era of untouchable excellence, they have reached sports immortality and my blog will not change that. This game is gonna be tight and great. Realistic Prediction: 32-28 Patriots win….
The ideal prediction: 21-20 Eagles win!!!!!