Let’s keep it all the way real…Eminem has been trash for the past 10 years. What is trash? Trash is when you get worse and worse every album without showing progress or improving. Trash is when you you’re a legend but constantly release sub par material, trash is when you decide to do gimmicks to get back to your “old days”. Nah Em this is not it chief.
Recovery was Eminem’s last great album and it came out in 2010, in 3 months we will be in 2019. In a few days I will post a “Kamikazi” review and spoiler alert…it wasn’t great. Machine Gun Kelly DESTROYED Marshall and that is what the rap game needed! Instead of pretending like everything an OG releases is fire the young Gunna decided to shoot shots and he didn’t miss. When real MC’s at Mathers level hit at sub par rappers like Lil Pump, Yatchy, Xan it doesn’t make you “cool” or a “Rap God” it makes you look pathetic. At this stage of his career he should be in the Icon-mentor lane not doing the same stupid shit he was doing The Eminem Show. Hip hop is a musical genre and Em doesn’t release good music anymore.
Eminem is washed, he’s an old man trying young boy tricks, to be clear I’m not saying that MGK replaced him I’m saying that hip hop is for the children! Marshall has become the old man on the porch watching his best years pass him. “Rap Devil” is exactly what rap needs right now, this New Generation vs. Old School debate is going to evolve and hip hop is competitive by nature. When a young bull decides to come at a GOAT with BARZ I will always salute as I grab my pop corn waiting to see what happens next.
If you’ve opened the internet in the past 24 hours you know about the Nike “controversy”…Colin Kaepernick is the cover athlete for the company’s 30 year anniversary campaign. I’ve written a lot about Kaep and how he needed support from the NFL his actions but we all know how that went. FINALLY a big brand like Nike puts it foot down and says “we will take a stand, we won’t let the false narratives run our company”.
This tells me that they have Balls! Integrity is rare these days, a lot of us go with the wind and try to follow trends. What looks cool, what’s popping, literally our social media is controlled by what’s “trending”. Whoever boycotts Nike should stick to being a dummy because this company is impressing me, instead of sticking to “safe” script they took a risk and they will win. Remember when Nobody was rocking with Tiger Woods after his cheating scandal? Nike was there. Remember when Charles Barkley was being…Charles Barkley in the 90s? Nike was there. Remember when Chris Carter was snorting more lines than Tony Montana? Nike was there. They know the game, and they play it well.
Part of business is taking calculated risks to get positive outcomes and that’s what Nike did. In 10 years from now we will look at this moment as a trademark in the Legacy of this company. When everyone was silent their marketing department decided to “Just Do It”.
And I’m proud of that.
Since my last post I’ve been getting a lot of positive feedback, so I thought “let me give out more advice”! Not only for university/college students but for high schoolers too, because starting school at 14 can be as hard as starting school at 17. So here are 5 more tips/tricks and hacks to surviving school and living your best life!
- Reputation doesn’t matter – This aint High School Musical, NOBODY cares about your reputation and the ones that care are pathetic and stupid. Focus on your own success NOT how people see you. People don’t know your story so their judgement of is flawed, just focus on your goals not how many “likes” or how popular you look.
- Put in Work– . I’m not saying quit school and start stripping or selling drugs, I’m saying go out there and get a 10 to 15 hours a week job to help you get some cash. Most of us will spend most of our life working, so get started and learn the value of money. And that’s something a textbook could never teach you.
- Grades don’t matter – Your teacher won’t tell you this, but your grades DONT matter! Only time they matter is getting into university for a specific program or staying in that program. Other than that, they don’t matter, just graduate and you’re good. YOUR GRADES DO NOT MEAN SHIT IN THE WORKING WORLD, so don’t stress.
- Build bridges – Y’all can see the theme here, these tips are more about life than academics, plain and simple you do not want to break relationships. Sometimes it’s good to end things but do it with grace and diplomacy, why? Because School is an organization, like the company you will work for or the company you will own. Having good relationships will never hurt you, doing good to others and showing respect to others will always bring good things to your life.
- Ambition is your best friend – You can’t go through the motions, EVERYDAY you should wake up and TAKE OVER! Have ambition, have goals, be that annoying guy that goes to every damn meeting, every network event, every student council meeting, volunteer to everything! Be a hustler ! The problem with our generation is that we’re entitled, we think that things should come to us…maybe that shit works on Pluto but not Planet Earth. Have ambition, hustle hard, do not let life throw you down and keep you there. Bust your ass and go get it!