I love Week 15-17 of the NFL season, because you find out who has balls (literally). The defenses play better, offenses thrive or die and special teams become special. Overall we see the same trends with the past 5 years: Cowboys barely make it in, Ravens flop :(, New England is 1st or 2nd seed and the NFC is a mess with one or two teams that are clearly above everyone. Here are 5 of my bold predictions of the next 2 weeks of football
- The Pats are done: Gronk can’t get separation, Brady’s O Line is trash, Bill isn’t making the right calls and the Pats defense is pathetic (Even with the refs help) The Dynasty is over, they will never make another Super Bowl. Praise God!
- The Bears are going to Atlanta: The Bears are better than the Rams and the Saints. This is not even a discussion…Trubisky is in the Dak Prescott “meh” QB discussion but let me make this clear, the Defense is why they’re making the SuperBowl
- Cowboys aint making the playoffs: they can’t sustain a consistent offense and the Eagles are gonna take this division with a 9-7 record under Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles
- Lamar Jackson will take the Ravens far: Every Ravens team that made it to the superbowl had two things in common, amazing runners and amazing defense. Lamar Jackson opens up the run game so much and the defense leads the league in turnovers, we know how this goes!
- The Chargers are the best team in the NFL: I hate to say it but its the truth, even with their stars injured its a “Next Man Up” mentality, this team is playing possessed. That’s what you need in come January, strong defense and resilient O.
People don’t understand what it means, people think its “fake news”, people think its PC culture nonsense. People don’t believe in Cultural appropriation, but let me remind you one thing: people also believe the world is flat. STOOOOOOPID! So what is cultural appropriation? Its the act of using someone else’s culture for self gain (usually money) without proper respect for that culture being used. Often called Cultural Misappropriation it manifests itself when the dominant group (usually white people) uses elements and parts of a minorities culture. The opposite of this is cultural exchange, where there is an equal balance of culture! Aiii so I’ll give you an example of this
- Miley Cyrus 2013-2016 = we knew what time it was, she was using black culture to enhance her popularity and seem more “mature”. We all know Hannah Montana is a country girl at heart, her pops wrote one of the most popular country songs of all time, THAT is her culture. Instead of doing it right and showing respect she used hip hop culture and black culture (minority) for self gain…
- Elvis Presley (his whole career) = this is hard because I actually like Elvis a lot but he is a perfect example of Cultural appropriation, his whole career. Rock and Roll is an offshoot of the blues and when Elvis became popular in the 50s and 60s he was known for copying the dance moves of Chuck Berry. Two of the most popular black performers in the United States click hear to read an in depth analysis of how Presley appropriated black culture. Presly was in a position of power and never fully acknowledge the black influence that made him stand out.
- ANYONE WHO IS BLACKFISH OR WEARS BLACK HAIR STYLES THAT ISNT BLACK = I thought this was obvious but let me make this clear, there are hairstyles that black people of African descent wear; cornrows, braids, dreadlocks, etc, that are for us and not y’all. Why? Because the white people that wear it are doing it with selfish intentions, to look cool or make money.
The Bottom Line
Cultural appropriation is about INTENT, repeat after me, Cultural appropriation is about INTENT. When the minority group uses elements of another culture with respect and dignity we have cultural exchange and progress. Eminem, Ariana Grande, Warren G, Adele, even Jeremy Lin have adopted parts of black culture (our hair, music, fashion) and showed respect in their INTENT and that’s the bottom line. Its like me buying the same H&M t-shirt you’ve worn for years and not showing you love and respect for putting me on. Appropriation is about respect and Intent, when I see what people using our culture it pisses me off and I will always call it out.
When I’m not reviewing food spots in the city I frequent twitter and last night we got a whole ass storm.
I won’t entertain y’all with the specifics, you can click here to see this ratchet nigga tweets and I call him that for a reason. He’s using mental health, rap beef and twitter for album promotion. This is his roll out ladies and gentlemen, don’t fall for it. Since My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy Kanye has been on some dumb ish for years, conspiracy theorist would say its the Kardashian Curse but I would say no, that’s too easy. Yeezy suffers from what a lot of great artists have CRAZY STUPID ASS SYNDROME. CSAS is a disease that forces the host to have extreme insecurities, irrational thinking and terrible morals. Black folks left Yeezy when that MAGA hat was put on and guess what happened a few weeks after? He released his worst album. Now he’s beefing with Drake the pop rap R&B Degrassi High School graduate…do y’all understand what is going on? When a mans has been in the music game for almost 20 years what do you think he’s gonna do? When he does songs with Tekashi 69 (the king of rap trolls) what do you think he’s gonna do? When his wife’s entire career is based off vapid drama and non issues what do you think he’s gonna do?
He wants us to buy Yendi before Christmans and I promise you one thing: Kanye will get 0% of mine coin, I would rather torrent his work than listen to it on Spotify. Movements like this should NEVER be encouraged, Ye is a coon and a con artists using his tweet storms as proof of a vague mental condition that is most likely crowded with falsehoods.
Simply put we aint rocking with you COONYE, or your future Album. Leave us alone.
We all remember this picture, we all remember the waiting in the line up for hours to taste our first Popeyes drum stick, we all remember the flavor and biscuits but I want you all to remember one thing: Montreal Road Popeyes is the worst one in the city! Here’s why….
What I Usually eat
Two piece combo 10.99$ with Mardi Gras mustard sauce and a side of Mac and Cheese with ketchup
This is the first L…the chicken is good it’s tasty but a lot of the time its not fresh! Stale stale food, you can tell it has been waiting on the hot plate for 10-15 minutes, the flavor aint it chief.
Popeye’s has the worst employees of any fast food place I’ve ever been. Calling the service TRASH is a compliment! It’s so bad, plain and simple the workers there don’t give a fuck about you. Service is slow and rude. I always have to check my plate after ordering because they will 100% mess up my order, pathetic. They have an attitude too, you can be bad at your job but have a positive vibe that’s the bare minimum. BUT these lame ass mf will scowl, roll eyes and ignore you ! Absolutely trash I wanna get a drink and throw it at each of their stupid faces, the service is so bad i feel uncomfortable eating in that establishment.
Deadass don’t go here, any other Popeyes is better. I go because it’s a block away from my crib and I love chicken more than my cousins.
1.5/5 (Real Rating)
7/5 (Satan’s rating)
We all know how I feel about breakfast food, if I had the choice of winning a 500$ million dollar lottery or free breakfast food for 5 years y’already know what time it is!!! A few years ago next to Perkins, there was a Rockin Johnnys Diner, they closed down because of a stabbing.This was when the east side was tough now police patrol this area like we’re Southside Chicago…but I digress, Johnny’s was an AMAZING breakfast spot. I was sad to see it close. Since starting my new job this summer I wanted a good lunch spot at Westgate mall and BOOM i noticed Johnny’s right there! Keep in mind I’ve only been there 3-5 times here is my honest review…
What I Usually Get
Steak and Eggs (picture below) 14.99$
Breakfast special 5.99$
The theme is fun 50’s style Americana with no music (i like that) and but the food is very very basic, nothing stands out and of course the steak is hella cheap. Their home fries are absolutely trash.
The staff is experienced and they tend to remember your name, the best server is an older lady, she made a sex joke with me so i gave her good tip ;). One time a server brought me hot sauce without asking, one of the few times prejudice works out for black folk. Everything else is BASIC, the food arrives pretty fast even in rush periods.
This spot is literally a retirement home, never have I seen so many old people in one spot at any time in my life. I could smell good eggs and death bruh, this is the link up spot for geriatrics. Is this worth your money? No, but if you’re desperate and somehow live/work/pass by Westgate this is your best option.
2.5/5 (real rating)
6/5 (Senior citizen rating)
If you know Sandy Hill, if you know uOttawa, if you know Downtown Ottawa you know Father and Sons Tavern. It’s the spot we all went to resume our weekends, its the spot we went to after CHURCH, its the spot we ate unhealthy ass breakfast before studying 10 hours in Morissett for a stupid piece of paper worth 40K to give us an annual salary of 80-100k. Father and Sons, the iconic University of Ottawa bar.
What I Usually Eat:
Breakfast special (2 eggs, 2 bread, choice of sausage or bacon) 6.99$
Big Breakfast (literally everything but pancakes or french toast) for 10.99$
Its a student bar…this is not Cordon Blue, we know the deal.
Other than MIKE or Shea the service is standard to trash, i suggest you don’t tip or tip very little. It’s the bare minimum and as someone who worked in the restaurant industry I believe tipping is needed when service is ABOVE and BEYOND expectations. So imma keep it real MIKE or SHEA are the only people you tip cause they’re the only waiters/waitresses that care….
Its a student bar, enough said. Even if we miss 1848 with the recent SFUO drama (fuck em!) but F&S has been standing out. It’s the spot fam on top of all that this is the best breakfast spot in Sandy Hill. Expect mediocre service, basic food, good sausages and regular beer prices. Monday Wing Night and Thursday Karaoke are the best nights to go, other than that F&S is the dirty ratchet Uni bar we see in teen movies.
3.5/5 (real rating)
5/5 (white boy rating)