Let’s be real we live in a generation of fast food music, where everything is the dollar menu instead of getting a perfect Junior Chicken we get trash McDoubles without enough pickles. That’s how I feel about rap these days, but a few guys stand out. These are the Young Thug’s, the Migos, the Tory Lanez that actually release a lot of quality music. Music that grows on you so I thought to myself “let me hear this album for a month and review it” LoVE me NOw came out October 26th 2018, here’s my track by track review
- Why DONT you LOVE me? : y’all know how I feel about intro’s, personally I find this one pretty weak but it tells us that Tory is going FULL R&B mode this time. I prefer R&B Tory over rapper Lanez so It sent my vibe and tone. Forgettable track tho
- SHE tOld Me : LOVE THIS TRACK, here we have rapper Lanez show up and it gives us “fuck my ex” aura, a stand out track.
- DucK my Ex : A Chris Brown feature is usually a banger off rip and adding 2 Chainz should make it pop but it seemed forced. Didn’t stand out.
- DrIp DrIp Drip: Hands down the best track on this album. Why? The chorus and hook are infectious and Meek Mill comes in to compliment the cloth talk, amazing.
- TAlk tO Me : After Drip Drip Drip you’d expect a fire follow up, nah fam. Tory goes middle of the road and Rich the Kid wastes time with weak bars…Not the weakest track but damn close
- FlEXiBle: Chris Breezy comes back and actually does his job: sing. When he isn’t doing a lines of coke this mans kills it! Lil Baby comes in with the smoothest verse skating on the track, amazing track.
- iF iT Ain’T rIGHt : This album has a trend, fire track then throwaways…and true of course this song follows that pattern. A Boogie delivers a saves this record.
- FeRRis WhEEL: This one felt more like a Trippie Redd track and I’m a big big Redd fan, personal favorite on this album. Tory gets out melodied (did I just make up that word?) This is a solid track!
- CuT me oFF: Take a guess…is this fire or trash? Does Nav save this track? Is the sky blue? Do you have ten toes? The answers are simple: Trash, No, Yes and Hopefully.
- ThE RUn oFF: One of the few solo tracks on this album, Tory uses too much auto tune but delivers a “smoke and vibe” track.
- YoU ThouGht WrOng: Very forgettable track, some good rhyme schemes near the end of this one but extremely “meh”.
- MiAMi: At this point this album repeats the same formula, chorus, hook and first sing songy by Lanez and this formula usually works but it gets annoying at this track. Gunna does his thing but Tory shows out, this is a “meh” track.
- KeeP IN tOUcH: FIRE FIRE FIRE!!! Felt like a Trap Soul song with Bryson delivering the arguably the best track on this album. Tory comes with his best verse giving us “kissing on the couch then taking it to the room” vibes
- S.w.I.n.G: Another banger! Trey Songz comes with heat and PND Rock lacks the sauce but he’s not far, Tory doesn’t disappoint either.
- KJm: Unfortunately the outro track is extremely weak. Forgettable.
Final Thoughts: As we can tell by the album art Tory is having fun and it feels like he didn’t put as much thought in this album as his previous record. This felt more like a DJ Khaled compilation project with Lanez leading the way and even if we love Khaled he never releases a classic project and this is how I felt about Love Me Now?. I would have wanted a full Tory Lanez album instead of this, a hit and miss with about 4 memorable and a bunch of fillers.