Yes this movies been out for a week and Yes I finally saw it last Wednesday. It shocked me in several ways, instead of wasting your time, I will break down 3 reasons this movie shocked me:
- Action: I don’t follow the MCU but I follow action movies, this film had HELLA action from start to finish. I’ve seen previous Avenger films and was shocked by the amount of ACTION the Russo brothers packed in this 3 hour feature. Let me tell y’all one thing…the final battle is LEGENDARY.
- Acting: With my reviews I TRASH actors, because most actors ain’t good at their craft but this one had AMAZING acting. Folks will be quick to say Robert Downey Jr was the best actor but that’s cap. Performances from Chris Hemsworth, Paul Rudd and Scarlett Johansson stood out. Acting was a major upside of this film.
- The Plot: I can’t front: this movie is WAY TOO LONG. If they cut 30-45 minutes, the message and vibe would have been in tact. I must admit the plot was perfect. I was entertained throughout.
Final thoughts: Y’all have already seen this movie but if you haven’t I want you to save those 11$ and get your bum to Cineplex. The casual viewers like myself don’t care about the pandering, the long long run time, the confusing plot or the over the top corny ish, we care about a fun movie EXPERIENCE. And that is what Endgame is, an experience that is worth your time and money
4.5/5 <– Final review (issa must watch)
As you guys can guess, I am not Mexican or spanish at all. I like the culture, the people and of course I love FOOD! Went on a date to Zak’s Cantina a few months ago before I started reviewing spots, since Easter is the spring version of thanksgiving I decided to take my family to Cantina and here is the review:
What I ate
Beef enchiladas with a side of sweet potato fries and a Dos Equis beer // 19.99$ (approximately)
As I said before I’m not Spanish so there’s a BIG BIG chance that this ain’t “authentic Mexican” cuisine but gah DAMN it was good. There was too much cheese but I wasn’t cheesed. Matter of fact I was cheesing. I loved the Bus section, it gives the resto a fun and goofy ambiance.
When we walked in (me and the fam) our Hostest was so disrespectful, she was in a rush to get us seated at the windows when the whole damn resto was empty! Customer service is about the CUSTOMER and she was hella selfish. On the bright side our server was great! She even joked around with my lil sis and yes she got an amazing tip, opposite of Hooley’s servers.
Started off whack with the Hostess but it ended up being bless because of the Enchiladas and Waitress! I can’t give this place a perfect score and I can’t shit on it either. I’d say that this is a great date night and a chill happy hour spot, especially during patio szn!
3.8 / 5 (real rating)
8 / 5 (drunk divorced father of 3 on a first date with Guadalupe rating)
On a chill wednesday night I was in the mood for some high quality food, and guess where I went? If y’all couldn’t tell by the title Milestones on Sussex was the place to reach! Here’s my honest review of this DT (downtown) spot.
What I ate
Rustic Chicken Club (17.75$, 8$ shrimp skewer and two domestic beers 15$)
the food was fresh and when it comes to food reviews you me, you know that seafood has to be FRESH ! The plate was hot and savory, which made me enjoy this sandwich more than I expected, if I had my way I would add more sauce. Sauce is the CAUSE!!! But the quality was better than most, and I can’t deny that. Sidenote: THE SKRIMP SKEWERS ARE AMAZING SHOUTS OUT TO THE CHEFS IN THIS BIHHH! Continue reading “The best date night spot in this stupid City”
If you’re from the East and your Black or Arab you can ignore this review cause you already how BOMB this spot is, for everyone else…Read up!
What I Usually eat
2 Meat pie and 1 Cheese pie (9.25$)
It’s a mom and pop type of spot where family members work together to make amazing Lebanese pie. To be real it’s better than Aladdin’s Bakery on Carling, that one is low quality and has terrible meat pies. Straight up the only Aladdin Bakery we acknowledge is the one on St.Laurent.
Plain and simple this is a highlight, I’m not even Lebanese but I feel at home here. The guys there are hard workers and very personable and they even remember your order.
You read the title, you know what time it is! Go to Aladdin’s Bakery I can not praise this spot any more, go there right now, ASAP!!!
4.9/5 (Real Review)
10/5 (Anyone from the EAST of Ottawa)
I remember being a kid in the east of OT and passing by this bar called Camillo’s (an old school Italian pizza spot/pub) at 902 Shefford Road but I never went in. Why? It looked boring, spot for old alcoholic white men, and that’s not my scene bruh. One day I passed by and found out that it was switched to Dunn’s if you know me you know i LOVE Dunn’s (PPL. Nightclub, if you know you know 😉 ! I love breakfast food, so I went a few times here is my honest review:
What I ate the last time
Medium Canadian pizza (bacon, pepperoni and mushrooms) 14.99$ and pitchers of Alexander Keiths, about 15$
The cheese on the pizza was amazing, gushy and soft I feel in love! I found out that the owners of Camillo’s kept the same pizza menu and it shows because it felt authentic and amazing. Reminded me of old school Gabes pizza, soft crust, hella cheese and a great meat combo.
Great service, the servers were super friendly every time I go. On top of that the service is fast, right after our last pour of Keiths a server was already at our table with one ready. I even got to talk to the owner randomly talked football with me, loved it (dude was a Steelers fan, homie loses points for that).
I like their breakfast menu but what stood out to me was their pizza, they had that authentic vibe, this isn’t Dominos, Gaberial or paper thin Pizza Pizza this is the real shit. I’d be satisfied if the food was good but the service took it over the top, out of all the spots I’ve reviewed so far this is the best one. Great for a squad link up after a rough week.
4.1/5 (Real Rating)
6/5 (Drunk mans arguing LeBron is the GOAT with two randoms at the bar rating)
Let’s be real we live in a generation of fast food music, where everything is the dollar menu instead of getting a perfect Junior Chicken we get trash McDoubles without enough pickles. That’s how I feel about rap these days, but a few guys stand out. These are the Young Thug’s, the Migos, the Tory Lanez that actually release a lot of quality music. Music that grows on you so I thought to myself “let me hear this album for a month and review it” LoVE me NOw came out October 26th 2018, here’s my track by track review
- Why DONT you LOVE me? : y’all know how I feel about intro’s, personally I find this one pretty weak but it tells us that Tory is going FULL R&B mode this time. I prefer R&B Tory over rapper Lanez so It sent my vibe and tone. Forgettable track tho
- SHE tOld Me : LOVE THIS TRACK, here we have rapper Lanez show up and it gives us “fuck my ex” aura, a stand out track.
- DucK my Ex : A Chris Brown feature is usually a banger off rip and adding 2 Chainz should make it pop but it seemed forced. Didn’t stand out.
- DrIp DrIp Drip: Hands down the best track on this album. Why? The chorus and hook are infectious and Meek Mill comes in to compliment the cloth talk, amazing.
- TAlk tO Me : After Drip Drip Drip you’d expect a fire follow up, nah fam. Tory goes middle of the road and Rich the Kid wastes time with weak bars…Not the weakest track but damn close
- FlEXiBle: Chris Breezy comes back and actually does his job: sing. When he isn’t doing a lines of coke this mans kills it! Lil Baby comes in with the smoothest verse skating on the track, amazing track.
- iF iT Ain’T rIGHt : This album has a trend, fire track then throwaways…and true of course this song follows that pattern. A Boogie delivers a saves this record.
- FeRRis WhEEL: This one felt more like a Trippie Redd track and I’m a big big Redd fan, personal favorite on this album. Tory gets out melodied (did I just make up that word?) This is a solid track!
- CuT me oFF: Take a guess…is this fire or trash? Does Nav save this track? Is the sky blue? Do you have ten toes? The answers are simple: Trash, No, Yes and Hopefully.
- ThE RUn oFF: One of the few solo tracks on this album, Tory uses too much auto tune but delivers a “smoke and vibe” track.
- YoU ThouGht WrOng: Very forgettable track, some good rhyme schemes near the end of this one but extremely “meh”.
- MiAMi: At this point this album repeats the same formula, chorus, hook and first sing songy by Lanez and this formula usually works but it gets annoying at this track. Gunna does his thing but Tory shows out, this is a “meh” track.
- KeeP IN tOUcH: FIRE FIRE FIRE!!! Felt like a Trap Soul song with Bryson delivering the arguably the best track on this album. Tory comes with his best verse giving us “kissing on the couch then taking it to the room” vibes
- S.w.I.n.G: Another banger! Trey Songz comes with heat and PND Rock lacks the sauce but he’s not far, Tory doesn’t disappoint either.
- KJm: Unfortunately the outro track is extremely weak. Forgettable.
Final Thoughts: As we can tell by the album art Tory is having fun and it feels like he didn’t put as much thought in this album as his previous record. This felt more like a DJ Khaled compilation project with Lanez leading the way and even if we love Khaled he never releases a classic project and this is how I felt about Love Me Now?. I would have wanted a full Tory Lanez album instead of this, a hit and miss with about 4 memorable and a bunch of fillers.
Let me give y’all some perspective my favorite Migo is Offset, why? He is the most lyrical and in a sea of mumble rap mans stands out, BUT GAH DAMN! The Last Rocket might be my favorite Migos album of all time, my boy Takeoff took off and became my favorite.
- Martian: this is a perfect intro because it sets the mood, i’m big on album intros and here we have a NASA inspired launch where Takeoff literally takes off. Subtle drums and strong 808s make this a smooth start.
- She Gon Wink: continuing on the Space vibes this track is more of the same with a surprise appearance by Quavo, basically a Culture 3 deep cut. It’s meh…
- None To Me: This is why I rock with Takeoff, he takes a deeper look at the vanity of cars, money, drugs and hoes but still keeps it ignorant. “My brother changed on me for dead guys” is a heartfelt bar from the quiet Migo.
- Vacation: More cloth talk with a solid Murda Beats beat, didn’t stand out but this track showcases Takeoff’s beat riding ability (no homo). “Walk into the party and I’m white boy wasted” <- the highest level of turnt.
- Last Memory: We all heard this track, unfortunately it doesn’t stand out. Throwaway
- I Remember: Here we have introspective Takeoff, I love when Mumblers take a look at their lives and looking at their past. Talking about the drug dealing past made me think of my past too, we stan for a relatable KING.
- Lead The Wave: My favorite track, here we see that Takeoff knows we’ve been waiting for his solo work and he says it with confidence! Lead the wave young Take!
- Casper: Other than head bopping and pre drinking, this track is forgettable. “bad bitch slim waist pretty face, she let me nut on her face” is a funny chorus.
- Insomnia: This one’s a dud, weak track on a solid album.
- Infatuation: Felt like an interlude with Dayyonta Foxx supplying some R&B PartyNextDoor vibes Takeoff gives us the “take her from the club to the uber” track. If you’re not kissing your girl to this song you’re lame and should stop reading this blog. Only ballers on this side!
- Soul Plan: Forgettable track, forgettable track but a solid chorus and good add libs.
- Bruce Wayne: Again Introspective Takeoff comes back to deliver a smooth wrap up to a memorable record. Top 3 track for me.
- When we listen to Migo tracks you have to turn up the ignorance levels a few scales but that wasn’t needed for this one. Takeoff took off from start to finish with standout tracks and what made this one record unique is the fact it was short and sweet. In a sea of 19 track Quavo mumblers we got a nice refreshing taste of ATL cloth talk, street vernacular and introspective add-libs. What else do you? Are you NOT entertained? 4.8/5